Our specialist-led soft tissue department will treat a wide variety of surgical conditions, including but not limited to conditions of the ears-nose-and-throat, the airways, lungs and heart, as well as surgeries to correct birth or growth defects. Our clinician’s are skilled at treating cancer in different parts of the body including the abdomen and chest cavity.
Many of these procedures can now be done through key-hole, minimally invasive surgery or interventional radiology which reduce the need for open surgery and allow your to go home sooner and recover faster. Our soft tissue surgeons work closely with all other departments of the hospital especially the internal medicine, cardiology and the oncology service.
We can accept all surgical procedures including:
- Oncological surgery.
- Portosystemic shunts.
- Skin reconstructions-grafting, etc.
- Laryngeal tieback.
- Soft palate resection and upper airway procedures (BOAS).
- Minimally Invasive Surgery – laparoscopy, thoracoscopy, cystoscopy.
- Total ear canal ablation/lateral bulla osteotomy.
- Gastric dilation/volvulus.
- Perineal hernia repair.
- Ectopic ureters.
- Stapling procedures (liver and lung lobectomy/splenectomy/intestinal anastomoses).
- Perineal urethrostomy.
- Interventional radiology.