Keeping pets, clients and our team healthy during COVID-19
18th September 2020
Due to the recent change in guidance regarding COVID-19 we are taking the following precautions to protect our staff and clients visiting our Hospital.
For consultations our clinicians will follow the following guidelines:
- Please inform reception via telephone of your arrival on 01420 481 777 and remain in your vehicle, your clinician will meet you at your vehicle wearing PPE to collect your pet.
- Please wear a face covering during the consultation or for any face to face communication with any of our team members.
- We kindly ask that all clients visiting the hospital remain in their car where possible, toilet facilities are available on site for clients with disabled access.
- During poor weather conditions we have access to a covered area to carry out any consultations if appropriate and your clinician will advise you on protocol for access to these areas if this will be necessary for your appointment.
- Please follow the same process as your initial consultation and inform reception via telephone when you arrive. Please remain in your car and your clinician will bring your pet to your car with discharge instructions and will provide a verbal handover to you if necessary wearing PPE.
- If there is anything you do not understand after your pet has been discharged please do not hesitate to contact us on the telephone.
For collection of medications/queries:
- Please call us and discuss over the phone, this may at times be necessary even if you at the practice as we will ask you to remain in your car and we will bring your medication to you.
- Unfortunately at this time due to the government guidelines we are unable to accommodate visits during this time. Your clinician will keep you updated daily on your pets progress.
If you have been exposed to COVID-19 or close contact with someone who has or if you are experiencing symptoms such as a new persistent cough, a fever or change in taste and smell please contact us before your appointment to discuss your pets appointment with us and how to proceed.
If you are required to self isolate we can arrange your referral for you if it is not urgent for your pet to be seen, if it is urgent we can discuss your appointment with you over the telephone and how we can accommodate your pets visit to us.
If you have any further questions or concerns that you wish to discuss regarding your appointment we are more than happy to help, please call us on 01420 481 777.
Policy update – September 2020Back to news & events