Lumbry Park are delighted to offer specialist Physiotherapy services. Fiona Taylor has recently joined Lumbry Park and has developed a keen interest in musculoskeletal/orthopaedic physiotherapy whilst gaining experience in many other areas of medicine including respiratory care, amputees, rheumatology and neurology. In 2013, she became a ACPAT Cat A Physiotherapist and has a professional yet relaxed approach to physiotherapy which is both evidence based and holistic with the patients’ welfare foremost.
- Neuro rehabilitation: to help restore movement, to strengthen and ultimately return to normal function.
- Orthopaedic Rehabilitation: post-operative rehabilitation, eg CCL, fracture repairs.
- General MSK: tendon injuries, back pain, soft tissue injuries, OA as part of a multimodal approach, the ageing dog, the active dog.
- Soft tissue techniques.
- Manual therapy including joint mobilisations.
- Strengthening programs.
- Electrotherapy – Laser for pain / soft tissue and wound healing, muscle stimulation for muscle activation.
- Splinting: fitting off the shelf splints eg carpal and tarsal, bespoke custom splints working with external suppliers, or thermoplastic splints.
- Advice for owners on managing dogs with difficulties : adapting the home, looking after your own back etc.
Ultimately if the goals of management are to manage pain, strengthen, improve joint motion, improve function, address secondary soft tissue adaptations, prevent future problems and improve quality of life then physio has a role to play.