Our cardiology team deals with the diagnosis and treatment of all heart conditions including but not limited to those that were present at birth. Those that developed with age or those that cause rhythm disturbances. Our specialist cardiologist can diagnose most conditions by performing an ultrasound of the heart (echocardiography), ECG and X-rays.
Conditions that require more than medical therapy can be done by interventional procedures called catheter interventions. A catheterisation involves placing a small tube (catheter) into one of the big blood vessels of the body, passing to the heart. Here, a contrast agent (dye) can be used to outline the structure of the heart as well as use specialised equipment to treat certain heart conditions.
- Specialist cardiology assessment of acquired and congenital heat disease as well as investigation of syncope and exercise intolerance.
- Echocardiography – standard and contrast. Doppler and tissue Doppler studies are available.
- Electrocardiography (ECG) – 12 lead recording, continuous ECG monitoring and 24-hour ambulatory Holter ECG analysis.
- Advanced Imaging: selective angiography and computed tomographic (CT) angiography.
- Clinical investigation of syncope, falling (collapse), weakness and exercise intolerance.
We can also offer interventional cardiology procedures including:
- Pacemaker implantation.
- PDA occlusion (ACDO).
- Balloon valvuloplasty.
- Diagnostic angiography.
- Implantable loop recorders (Reveal).